Sunday, December 5, 2010

TED.com - "Ideas worth spreading"


Nowadays, when the Internet is filled with a tremendous amount of information, it is so easy to improve our knowledge in any field we want absolutely free. The data are easily accessible, and we can learn a lot of things staying at home and watching useful videos. There is an interesting and very informative website that might help a lot of people to find out something new about their favorite subjects or even subjects that they didn't know anything about.

http://www.ted.com/

The website collects information about almost everything. Here, many bright and successful people talk about business, technology, psychology, entertainment and many other subjects. Some speakers introduce people to the stories of their success, and other teach how to be successful.

I like this website because listening to and watching these videos help me learn many new things at the same time that I am learning and improving my English. I use some information here for my Public Speaking class looking at these confident speakers and reflecting their behavior on stage to my own speaking. This website also helps me to extend my vocabulary and to improve my pronunciation. It is also a very good way to improve listening and understanding for foreign listeners.

So, I recommend this website to all ESL students because everyone can find here something interesting, and while watching good videos could improve their English.

No comments:

Post a Comment